Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Collin's Haircut

This was actually about a month ago, but I'm a blog-slacker. Collin was seriously overdue for a haircut (just check out the shagg in the picture). I don't know why it takes me so long to finally get around to cutting his hair, it's not like he dislikes haircuts or behaves badly when I try to cut his hair. On the contrary, he is surprisingly good about sitting still and being patient while his mom has to go over and over his hair to get the perfect taper. I'm bound to get faster and better the more I cut his hair, I'm actually pretty good at Jesse's and it only took me about 4 years. Ha! So, in the mean-time I'm grateful to have this angel-child who sits still for me. I guess he was sick of being shaggy because when I ran the buzzer up the back of his head and he saw the hair fall onto the apron, he said, "oh, tanks mommy"! Then when I was really cookin' and he was watching lots of his hair land on the apron he said through a nervous laugh, "oh, niiiice". What a cutie! Oh, and just for the record, I have always wanted to be called Mama, but for some reason, Collin has picked up on the term we use for mom when we try (notice I said try) to speak Spanish, so now he calls me "mami". Oh well, even if 'mommy' isn't my favorite term, I'll take it gratefully, I'm just glad to be his mom.
Here's the shaggy boy waiting for his haircut

Lucas was just as good and patient as his brother as he sat and watched from his swing.

3 comments:

Connie said...

What talent you've got Nika! I don't think I will ever develop the talent of cutting hair. But I am impressed that you are so ambitious!

(Bloomfield Family) said...

I'm finally connecting with you! So glad we both blog, thus no time for the phone.

Angie said...

Your boys are too cute! I can't believe Collin just lets you cut his hair. I had to do Hayden's last week over two days because he hates it so much. And I always do such a terrible job. Poor kid has to look like I took him to the butcher shop for a haircut!