Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Gift That Keeps on Giving

This past Christmas one of my gifts from Jesse was that he enrolled us both in Ballroom dance class--pretty much one of the best gifts I've ever received. So every Wednesday from Jan 21st to Mar 11th Jesse and I have had a 'Merry Christmas'. It worked out well with babysitting because Sunni took a cake decorating class on Thursday nights so we just swapped kids once a week. In our class we rotated partners so Jesse and I didn't get to dance together all the time, but I enjoyed watching him from across the room as he danced with his different partners. When it was our turn to dance together we acted like we were meeting for the first time...so much fun. I came to enjoy a lot of the fellas that I danced with (mostly the cute old men who reminded me of my grandpa). I'm actually going to miss some of them. I definitely won't miss Mr. Count Out Loud In My Ear or Mr. Bad Breath, that guy almost made me gag--I seriously would have vomited if I were still in my 1st trimester/puke-y stage. Anyway, enough of that--it was a TON of fun and now we are no longer just beginners in Cha-Cha, Fox Trot, and Tripple-Step.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great husband you have!! Yay Jesse! :)

bahecky said...

Well, that last comment was really from me. Guess Krystle was logged in last on my computer. :) Same sentiment.

Nate Kendra Olsen said...

You guys are so dang cute together...love the insight about your partners!!

Crystal said...

What a hubbie. Seriously! I'm so jealous! Dancing would be so much fun. You can tell you two are still madly in love. Go Jesse and Nika!!!

Mrs. H said...

You guys are so perfect for each other! How far along are you? What's your due date?

Connie said...

We had a dance instructors come for our ward valentines party. It was surprisingly fun. Remember how we used to jitterbug?

camfox said...

What a fun gift idea! Something to look forward to every Thursday. Really cool. Have you used all your new moves at any dances yet? Do you guys dance around the house at home? (I'm asking that with a smile, knowing that when the kids are around these kinds of moments are nearly non-existant)

bahecky said...

OK Niks, it's time for a new post! I want to know what's up with you guys. :)

Connie said...

Yeah, me too. Did you have a baby OR WHAT?