Monday, March 9, 2009

Ultrasound Results are In!

Just a quick post to let everyone know (most of you know already) that we are having ANOTHER BOY! He looked totally normal in the ultrasound--hands and feet and lip and nose...all that good stuff. We feel so very blessed that things look good and we're getting excited to meet this little guy. It's funny how it is when you find out you're pregnant (at least for me). At first I get to wondering whether it's a boy or a girl and I actually can't figure out in my mind if I'd rather it be one or the other. But when the moment comes and we find out it is a boy, I get the feeling of, "oh yeah, of course...it's you, isn't it?" Don't know how to explain it any other way.

Ahhhhh, three boys, I am so excited (but not for the grocery bill). Some of you may have heard this already about going from two kids to three, but I just heard it this week and thought it was funny. I was talking to a guy about his two kids and when he found out we were expecting our third, he said, "oh yeah, going from 'man-to-man' to 'zone', that ought to be fun." It made me laugh.

11 comments:

ChristyLou said...

Congrats on your exciting news!

Scott and Michelle Ouderkirk said...

So excited for you guys. Congrats.

Connie said...

I was trying last night to figure out how far along you would be and if you would know yet. Congrats on another boy. Ben would kill for another boy I think. Oh well. We love both kinds!

Melissa Johnson said...

Congratulations, Anika! What exciting news! Babies are so precious!

Nate Kendra Olsen said...

your insight is great! It's like the light bulb goes off. Hey I think you and Jesse are so fun and active and sports-like any boy would love to join your awesome family!!

angelmommy said...

congratulations on your new little man. that is so great to hear.

Guyla Thurgood said...

Congratulations on having another boy! How Fun! You two were just made for raising future missionaries!! :-) We are very excited for our new home and will be in the High Range Ward. Jason and I were just talking on Sunday and wondering what ward you and Jesse are in. We were hoping that we would be in the same one.

bahecky said...

Congratulations, guys! :) I'm happy for you.

Angie said...

Yay for boys! We love them at our house. Congratulations!

camfox said...

Congratulations Anika! (It's Camille. Kendra's sister.) Three boys eh? I don't know what that's like. I love the man-to-man vs zone concept.
send your email address to "fox at kermantel dot net" so I can invite you to our blog if you'd like.

Mrs. H said...

Wow Nika!! I haven't checked up on you in a while and was so excited to hear you're having number three! And another boy! I'm sure it's comforting to know what you're getting into, huh? That's so incredible. Congrats my friend!!! :)