Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Toys, anyone?

Collin loves to get Lucas after Lucas wakes up from his morning nap. He doesn't actually 'get' him, he just likes to be the one that opens the door and goes in the room first. It has become a regular thing that I don't mind because while the two play back and forth I have a few extra minutes to finish up whatever I am doing before I go get him and then start lunch. In the past the routine was: Collin opens the door, Lucas squeals when he sees Collin, Collin tosses in the stuffed animal that Lucas threw out of the crib before his nap, Lucas tosses it out to Collin, the two laugh and I smile to myself to hear them playing together, I go in a few minutes later and get Lucas, change diaper, go on with life, etc. Sometimes there will be a few more toys in the crib that Collin thinks Lucas needs, but there aren't many toys in the nursery so it's never a big deal. That was then, this is now:




















This all happened in about 5 minutes. Collin was stealthily quiet and went back and forth from his room to Lucas' and collected just about every toy bin and unloaded them on Lucas. When I came in the room Lucas was contentedly playing on the mountain of toys kindly brought to him by his brother. So...no more 'few minutes to myself while Collin entertains his brother'.

4 comments:

NM Beans said...

Anika,
I love it, I remember tons of toys in the crib, siblings are the best. We just get wierd things in our bed now, like lizards and frogs (Plastic of course). I love the picture above his crib. You are so creative!!!
karen

bahecky said...

I'm so glad you're back to blogging! And happy for you to be having baby #3 too! You are such wonderful parents. So you're not moving to Artesia? That's what I'm gathering from the posts, I think. Love you.

Nate Kendra Olsen said...

I love this story. It sounds familiar!

Angie said...

Haha! Hayden does the same thing to Torrin.